Friday, February 20, 2015

New Year

I haven't written in a l o n g...L O N G...time.  To be honest, I lost my mojo.  Things changed so drastically and so suddenly at work that I found myself in the midst of endless work days.  48 to be exact.  Today was my first day off since the 1st day of 2015, and that's because we were closed for the holiday.

"This is the day The Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24

But today.  Today was g l o r i o u s.  I used every inch of today to bask in the glory of God's goodness.  I sat at the table, and I tasted the grapes.  It was divine.  I am so grateful.  God has been revealing His promises to me...slowly...so that I may savor each one.  Every time a new employee fills a gap, we get to breathe easier.  

Today, I got to sit across the table from my handsome husband, while we ate messy hot wings with our hands.  We both got to watch our son perform in his first kindergarten choir concert.  I got to take a long-as-I-want shower, then blow dry and style my hair.  I got to sit at my own two-top at a fancyish restaurant, eat a fabulous, overpriced salad, and finish a handwritten letter to my little brother.  I got to pick my son up from school, help him with his homework, and take him out for our favorite froyo.    



Today feels like the beginning of a brand new thing.  
It is Lunar New Year.  Did you see the New Moon?  It is gorgeous.  


"See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  
I am making a way in a wilderness and streams in the wasteland." ~Isaiah 43:19



1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog in honor of your birthday week!

    ReplyDelete