Wednesday, September 3, 2014

When did life get so Serious?

Image source
I'm not sure how it happened.  Who decided to entrust me with a family, a home, a business, and everything else that goes along with it?  On the good days, I feel like Super Woman, successfully balancing and juggling, somehow managing to get the important things done.  But at any moment, something can get overlooked, something tips the scale, and the downward spiral begins...everything gets thrown out of balance, balls go flying and get dropped; all vulnerability gets exposed, and the pressure builds...it mounts...and blows!  And I find myself right here, wondering who decided I am responsible enough to handle all of this?
Image source
God doesn't call the qualified.  He qualifies the Called.  His grace is sufficient to cover all of our shortcomings, downfalls, doubts, worry, weaknesses, bad days, insecurities, fear, and imperfections.  Sometimes, we ourselves, and those who rely on us, expect too much out of us.  And with lofty expectations, comes disappointment.  We could have a good thing going, catching our stride, prideful, boastful...when BAM! we get a clear message that we are not, in fact, perfect.  We are mere humans, broken, hungry, and nothing without God.  And when you feel like giving up, because it's all just so hard, and so serious, and so real...just keep moving forward, one step at a time, one prayer at a time.  Don't get overwhelmed by the mess, by the requests, by the mountains of obligations.  God will redeem your faults.  He will justify your missteps.  He will hold your hand.  He will whisper, "I love you no matter what."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me." ~2 Corinthians 12:9 

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:38-39

Image source



No comments:

Post a Comment