Monday, November 4, 2013

The Famine is Over.

1 Corinthians 2:9
(image source)


On October 20, 2013, Pastor Joseph Davis shared a powerful message at High Point Church.  He referenced 2 Kings 7.  Elisha prophesied the end to Samaria's famine.  Pastor Joseph said, "I believe The Lord is saying 'the famine is about to be over.'"  He asked us to identify and write down our own famine.  Here is what I wrote down: "Nizza's trouble with workers & business.  No time for family, QT w/Coop or husband."  He told us to write it down because it was the last time we were going to look at it. 

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..."  I shall not lack. (Psalm 23:1)

For every prophetic word spoken or promise made, the devil sends a counter-attack to cause doubt in our minds, to try to shake our faith.  Elisha was mocked by the king's officer, "even if The Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?"  Even when the enemy attacks, refutes, and disputes the Word of God, it is futile because "God is not a man that He should lie, nor is He the son of man that He should repent.  If He said it, shall He not do it.  If He spoke it, shall it not come to pass?" (Numbers 23:19)  "I watch over my Word to perform it." (Jeremiah 1:12) 

When you've received a promise, expect a little intimidation.  The devil will show up to talk you out of that promise.  But it doesn't change God's Word.  Pray, stand, speak, agree--in faith--"call those things that be not as if they were (Romans 4:17)...speak to that which is dead, in the name of Jesus.

Hebrews 11:6 says "But without faith, it is impossible to please God..." He is the Rewarder of faith.  Verses 30-34 say, "by faith, the walls of Jericho fell...Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and the prophets...conquered kingdoms, administered justice, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of flames, escaped the sword, became powerful in battle..."  Your faith will cause you to subdue a kingdom.  There is no other way to obtain the promise than by faith.          

Four men with leprosy sat outside the city gates, forbidden to enter the city, and said to each other, "Why sit here until we die?"  They were ready for a change in their condition.  Pastor Joseph asked "Why are YOU sitting there?  in famine, in lack, anxious, being held hostage? When the word has come forth: 'by this time tomorrow, the famine will be over.'  How long are you going to put up with THAT? on your paper."

Staying where you are is not an option.  Something has to give.  Something has to change.  A breakthrough is on the way.

Proverbs 6:31, "Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold, though it costs him all the wealth of his house."  In other words, if it bankrupts hell, the devil has to pay. 

Your exit to your famine is when you exit from your circumstances.  If your circumstances don't line up with the Word of God, they're standing in the way of your destiny.  Move from where you are. 

The lepers planned to surrender to the enemy army, but when they got there, the army had abandoned their camp.  They were able to plunder the camp, but they didn't keep it all to themselves, even though they had been outcasted, they shared the spoils with the city.

If you find yourself in famine, you first have to get up.  "Get up, go take it!"  The end of your famine is waiting for you.  Don't stay where you are; the enemy has already vacated.  Claim God's promise.  Your act of faith will cause others to also act in faith.

This same afternoon, my husband called me to encourage me.  He called to tell me to not lose hope, but that we were on track to attain our long-term goal in business.  He had actually used these exact words with me, "We're not just going to sit here and die."  My husband was not at service with me.  The Holy Spirit used him to make it clear to me.  My famine was coming to an end.   

The following week, I got 4 out of 5 days off work.  I got extra time with my son.  Extra time with my husband.  Extra time with my grandparents, cousins, parents, and with my church family.  I also had time to help various family members with major moves, overdue doctor's visits, and home improvement projects.  He perfected the things that concerned me and those around me.  My husband also got extra time off.  He is truly the Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. 

I am so grateful for this message, for my church, and for God's hand on my life.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, nor entered into the heart of man--
the things God has prepared for those who love Him."
~1 Corinthians 2:9
 
"And we know that God works all things for the good of those who love Him."
~Romans 8:28
 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
~Jeremiah 29:11   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment