Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Obedience

God has been dealing with me.  Calling on me to be obedient to His Word.  to His ways.  His purpose, His power, and His presence.  And ultimately, to His glory.  This ministry that is mine.  that is my life.  nobody (in the flesh) ever asked me to live it out.  I "inherited" it, so to speak.  and it is my joy.  my heartbeat.  it is in. my. blood.

When He called on me, when He chose me.  predestined me.  i need only to obey.

and i pray to Him:  {order my steps, Lord.}  guide me.  [lead me.]  reveal to me Your will.  so that i may obey.  use me, Lord.  ~show me signs and wonders.~  be ever-present.  i surrender.

and I pray:  thank You, Lord, for the women you've sent into my life to mentor me, and to provide a covering {a protection} over my life.

and i get this in the mail...
and i can't even.....

diligently seeking Him is what started this journey.  He has stretched me.  He has grown me.  He has compelled me to seek and obey.  Seeking and obeying is "different" than it was when i was less mature {in Him}.  The conviction I feel is intense.  His Spirit guides me strongly towards choosing right over wrong.  Life over death.  Words vs Silence.  

So here's my confession.  I inherited this ministry.  Seemingly be default.  And even though church membership was a requirement of leadership, I simply hadn't fulfilled the requirements, yet.  And I knew that I didn't have to.  Nobody would know.  But THAT voice--was NOT the voice of Truth.  so i took the class.  and it wasn't a "big deal" per se...except that it blessed my socks off!  being in a room of believers who love God, love people, and who love their church (MY church!) and it's vision???  YES, please!  

and even though i am already apart of a {not so} small group, i arranged for extra help at work so that i could ensure my church attendance, and go an hour earlier to attend a leadership class.  couldn't hurt, right?  He whispers {obedience} in my ear.  often.  as He reminds me: {you are qualified.}       

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." ~Hebrews 11:6 NKJV

"Remain in Me, and I will remain in you.  For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me." ~John 15:4 NLT

"For those God foreknew, He also PREDESTINED to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." ~Romans 8:29-30 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment