Thursday, July 17, 2014

Birthday Blessings



My Cooper is FIVE today!  I am so proud of the boy he is, and the man he will become.  I love our conversations.  I love that he still kisses me on the lips.  And I love that we still sleep together.  I know, I know...*gasp* it's so taboo.  My five year old can't sleep alone.  We failed miserably at sleep training.  We got a glorious few months from the time he was 7 months old until he started climbing out of his crib, and transferred into his "big boy" (queen-sized) bed.  I know what the books say, but I think it works for our family, for now.  After all, he is FIVE, and he's not going to want to sleep with his mommy much longer.



So, we had the most intriguing conversation today about his future.  He speaks often of marriage and children.  I've only had to tell him one time, "God has the perfect wife for you."  And he knows it's true.  He knows there is one woman for him, and that she will be the mother of his children.  I love that my son, sensitive, caring, and compassionate, aspires to have a family more than anything else.  He isn't looking to conquer the world.  He just wants to love like he is loved.



If we each could love like we are loved, what a wonderful world it would be.   

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." ~1Peter 4:8




No comments:

Post a Comment