Sunday, July 10, 2011

July

July is busy.  And it always creeps up on me.  For the second year in a row, I'm planning a birthday celebration for my son, and forgot my anniversary.  The only saving grace is that my husband forgot too.  And we're both relieved that we both forgot.  Is that wrong?  We had *just* spoken about it a couple of days prior...we concluded--no gifts, just dinner.  Well, we did go out to dinner, so I guess we did what we said we would do.  I'm trying to justify why we don't think it's a big deal, but deep-down, I feel pretty guilty about it.

My marriage is supposed to come second only to my relationship with God.  But everyday, it takes the back seat to my relationship with my son, to chores, to work, to...so many other things.  I know that he knows I love him.  That he's my partner.  My confidant.  My security.  My soulmate.  He needs me to tell him.  To show him.  I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment