Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thirsty

When I get caught up in "Life", Earthly, Flesh-driven Life,  I forget to make the time to nurture my relationship with God.  I allow Life to rule me, instead of allowing His will to be done in and on my Life. 

The result: 
My other relationships suffer. 
My priorities are completely out of whack. 
My center is off balance. 
My soul is thirsty. 

But regardless of how far behind I fall in my daily Bible reading, or how long it's been since I had a heart-to-heart with God, He will make sure I know He is still here.  And He is the same.  Today, yesterday, forever. 

Psalm 143: 6-12

 6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.
      I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
                         Interlude
 7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
      for my depression deepens.
   Don’t turn away from me,
      or I will die.
 8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
   Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
 9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
      I run to you to hide me.
 10 Teach me to do your will,
      for you are my God.
   May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
      on a firm footing.
 11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
      Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
 12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
      and destroy all my foes,
      for I am your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment